Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Project Runway et al

It's been a while since my last post, and I have been very busy. My birthday was Nov 22 (Thanksgiving) and it was awesome. Of course we had a big family dinner with everyone in attendance and that was great, but it was the next day that was fun. Chris and I went to Nashville and stayed the weekend. Even though it has only been since April that I moved away, it seems much longer. I miss living in the city and may move back soon.

My friend JR is the GM of the Radisson in Nashville, so he gave us a FABULOUS suite for the weekend. It was very nice and we were able to take the dogs with us. He turned on the pay-per-view movies so we watched several movies for free. Stephen, our choir director came over and brought a nice bottle of Vodka. We had several cocktails with him and just kinda hung out on Friday night watching movies.

Saturday was spent shopping. We shopped till we dropped. We really didn't want to go Friday because it was black Friday and we didn't want to fight the crowds. It was much nicer on Saturday. We didn't buy any Christmas gifts, just stuff for ourselves. I know that is selfish, but it was my birthday and my money. I wanted to spend it on me. I had set $1500 aside and spent most of it. I did get many new outfits and was very pleased.

We came home Sunday and just vegged out, did laundry and things like that. It sucked getting back to reality, but it was nice to get away. Lately we have been watching Project Runway. I love, love that show. There is so much I could talk about, but I will leave that to the boys at project rungay. They do it so much better than me. I did love the menswear show that was the most recent episode. Of course most of those queens complained about it, but I thought it was great and has been one of my favourites so far. If those designers have ANY talent at all, they should be able to do menswear.

Well, bye for now. See you soon.

1 comment:

Seth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.